Vegan blondies by a vegan blondie! These blondies are like brownies but without the chocolate, instead flavoured with almond and vanilla. They’re more like the dense cake texture brownie than the really gooey type of brownie. The buckwheat and almond flour make this a gluten free sweet treat too, and yes despite the name, buckwheat is wheat free and gluten free. These are nice with some strawberry jam spread on top if you want a little extra sweetness.
Vanilla Almond Blondies:
200g Almond Flour
100g Buckwheat Flour
3 tbsp. Almond Butter
2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
2 tbsp. Ground Flaxseed + 6 tbsp. water
6 tbsp. Agave Nectar
2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
250ml Almond Mylk or your own choice of mylk
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Mix the ground flaxseed with the water and set aside.
- Add the almond and buckwheat flours to a large bowl and stir together.
- Blend the coconut oil and brown sugar together using a metal spoon (the coconut oil will begin to melt as you start working with it, but you could gently heat it first until it just begins to melt to help blend it with the sugar)
- Add the oil and sugar mixture to the flour, and add in the almond butter, mylk, vanilla essence, agave syrup and flaxseed mixture and stir until all the ingredients are blended together.
- Lightly grease a baking tray and pour in the mixture.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.